Monday 19 January 2015

Delicious Chocolate Almond Butter Bliss Balls

I make these slightly different every time, but here is the recipe for some awesome Chocolate Almond Butter Bliss Balls I made the other night:
 
Ingredients:
2 cups almonds
3/4 cup medjool dates (sliced in half and pitted)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp maple syrup (the pure stuff - no Aunt Jamima sugar syrup here!!)
pinch himalayan sea salt (or another kind of high quality sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla powder (you can just use liquid vanilla extract if you don't have vanilla powder).
 
 
Directions:
In a food processor fitted with an S blade, process the almonds until broken down, but not into a powder, while the food processor is running, add the pitted medjool dates, and let process for a minute or so.  Next, add the cocoa powder, sea salt, and the vanilla.  Lastly, add the maple syrup slowly until the mixture starts to stick together a bit more.  Usually, the whole mixture starts to form a sort of a big clump as it goes around and around. This is good.  What you don't want is to add too much maple syrup too quickly so that it gets too sticky and the mixture sticks to the side of the container. This makes it more difficult and messy to form into balls.
 
Stop the food processor and start rolling into balls.  I think the batch I made made about 25 or so bite-sized balls.  I ate 5 on the way to the party I made them for - couldn't help myself....they are so darn tasty! lol. Enjoy!!
 
Tip: sometimes I add in other random bulk ingredients from my pantry, like a small handful of gogi berries, raisins, pumpkin seeds, or hemp hearts!  You can also experiment by substituting other types of nuts such as walnuts or pecans.  So yummy.  I know you will enjoy these!
 
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment